PG_DUMP -C option

From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)buttafuoco(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG_DUMP -C option
Date: 2001-09-09 12:44:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

All,

I am working a some patches to the code and I noticed that "pg_dump -C
database" doesn't provide the database location information in the dump
file. Is this correct?

Thanks
Jim

Example:

datname | datdba | encoding | datistemplate | datallowconn |
datlastsysoid | datpath | idxpath
-----------+--------+----------+---------------+--------------+---------------+---------+---------
jb1 | 5433 | 0 | f | t |
18540 | | PGIDX1
template1 | 5433 | 0 | t | t |
18540 | |
template0 | 5433 | 0 | t | f |
18540 | |
jb2 | 5433 | 0 | f | t |
18540 | PGDATA1 | PGIDX1
jb3 | 5433 | 0 | f | t |
18540 | PGDATA1 |
4051 | 5433 | 0 | f | t |
18540 | PGDATA1 | PGIDX1

(Please ignore the IDXPATH column for now as I am trying to add support
for INDEX locations as I am running out of room on my current system and
I don't like the "symlink your own tables/index files" idea)

and the output of pg_dump -C

--
-- Selected TOC Entries:
--