Re: tcl on Mac OS X

From: Jeremy Buchmann <jeremy(at)wellsgaming(dot)com>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tcl on Mac OS X
Date: 2001-08-31 23:34:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Friday, August 31, 2001, at 08:21 AM, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> Jeremy Buchmann wrote:
>>
>> I've been experimenting with Mac OS X lately and would like to get
>> pgaccess running on it. The database itself is on another machine, but
>> I built the libpq and libpgtcl interfaces on OS X and installed them to
>> /usr/local/pgsql/lib. The version of tcl that comes with OS X doesn't
>> support dynamic loading, so I rebuilt tcl/tk 8.3.3 with a patch that
>> enables dynamic loading on OS X. After installing that, I downloaded
>> pgaccess and gave it a shot...and I got the following error message:
>>
>> Error in startup script: dyld: permission denied
>> while executing
>> "load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]"
>> (procedure "main" line 3)
>> invoked from within
>> "main $argc $argv"
>> (file "/usr/local/pgaccess/main.tcl" line 249)
>>
>> I'm not quite sure what that means...my only guess was the permissions
>> were wrong on either libpq or libpgtcl, but they look ok to me:
>
> 1. try to run pgaccess as root

Tried this and got the same error as above.

> 2. try to change the source instead of
>
> load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]
>
> to a more direct pointing to
>
> load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so ... or whatever extension the
> libpgtcl file has ...

Tried this and got a new error message:

[localhost:~] buchmann% /usr/local/pgaccess/pgaccess
Error in startup script: couldn't find procedure .dylib_Init
while executing
"load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so [info sharedlibextension]"
(procedure "main" line 3)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "/usr/local/pgaccess/main.tcl" line 249)

Still looks like some dyn lib stuff. While going over the process in my
head, I remembered that Tk wasn't patched, so it probably didn't compile
with dynamic loading...do you think this could be the problem?

Thanks,

Jeremy Buchmann [jeremy(at)wellsgaming(dot)com]