multiple inserts

From: Liam Stewart <liams(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: multiple inserts
Date: 2001-08-29 16:56:49
Lists: pgsql-patches
Here is another version of the multiple insert patch that contains
modifications as per Tom's post on the 24th.

I had though about the integration of targetList and valuesList into
something like targetLists, but I didn't do it because I knew there
would need to be modifications in a lot of places and because the
difference between targetList and valuesList seemed clear. I gave Tom's
suggestion a shot, though, and this is the first result. There are quite
a number of functions that take a single targetList as a parameter. I
didn't change those because I think it's more trouble that it's worth
right now. If those modifications are desired, they should wait until
the redesign of the the querytree structure, IMHO. But targetList ->
targetLists is done.

There are a couple of places where I made an assertion that the length
of a Query node's targetLists member must be one that I'm not sure about
(there are comments by those assertions). Suggestions on those would be
appreciated.

There are also a couple of places where I need to do a check to see if a
query's targetLists is NIL and do assignments based on the result of
that check. Would it be better to for all Query nodes that currently
have a NIL targetLists coming out of transfromXYZ to have a targetLists
member with one NIL targetList. I don't really think so (it's could be
confusing), but I'm just wondering what the thoughts of others are.

Comments?

Liam

--
Liam Stewart :: Red Hat Canada, Ltd. :: liams(at)redhat(dot)com

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Liam StewartDate: 2001-08-29 16:59:19