Using nulls with earthdistance operator crashes backend

From: Mark Stosberg <mark(at)summersault(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using nulls with earthdistance operator crashes backend
Date: 2001-07-31 14:58:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello!

Here's now to reproduce my bug:
* Start with Postgres 7.1.2
(specifically:  PostgreSQL 7.1 on i386--freebsd4.3, compiled by GCC 2.95.3
)
* Install earthdistance operator from the contrib directory.
* try this:
cascade=> select null <@> '1,1'::point;

## The result I get:
        before or while processing the request.

I expected simply for "null" to be returned as the result. I can work
around
this by including an extra step to make sure that my data is not null
before
it's passed off a SQL statement like this.

  Thanks!

   -mark

http://mark.stosberg.com/

pgsql-bugs by date