IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...

From: Sean Chittenden <sean-pgsql-hackers(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...
Date: 2001-07-21 03:32:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Has anyone here thought about using the spread libraries for WAL
replication amongst mutliple hosts? With this library I think it'd be
possible to have a multi-master replication system...

http://www.spread.org/

I'm not familiar enough with the guts of postgres to be able to
impliment this (yet), but thought that it might be something for someone
else to look into. At the very least, check out the libs, they're very
impressive and I've had good luck with them in the past. If push comes
to shove, in a few months I may write a few ruby+spread utils to do
this, but we'll see... -sc

--
Sean Chittenden