Re: initdb failure - postgres hangs with 100% CPU

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Steve Jorgensen <jorgens(at)coho(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org;, cygwin(at)sources(dot)redhat(dot)com
Subject: Re: initdb failure - postgres hangs with 100% CPU
Date: 2001-07-11 15:01:24
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Steve,

In the future, please keep your replies to the list(s).

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:04:02PM -0700, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
> [Steve Jorgensen]  Yes, that's what I meant.  After much searching, I had
> found your untested tarball previously.  I tested it somewhat, by the way,
> and it functions with the native Windows version of pgAccess, though I
> haven't worked it very hard.

I thought that they would work.  Thanks for testing them.

> I would like to learn to fish, though rather
> than just have the fish so I can make my own libpq.dll for any new version
> of PostgreSQL when the source is released.

I this case fishing is easy but expensive.  If you install MSVS 6.0,
then all you need to do is:

    $ nmake -f win32.mak

> I tried just configuring with a
> target of i586-pc-win32, then running make in the libpq directory - I had
> no errors, but only got pq.dll, not libpq.dll.  I don't even know what
> pq.dll is.

You just did the configure for building under Cygwin.  pq.dll is the
Cygwin version of libpq.dll.

> By "using Cygwin/gcc" do you mean Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin or Mingw
> mode?  If so, then it should be possible but I don't know of anyone who
> has done it yet.
>
> [Steve Jorgensen]  Yes, that's what I meant.  Thanks for your reply.

I presume that you saw the recent activity regarding the above.  Why don't
you give Christof's patches a shot?

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Henshall, Stuart - WCPDate: 2001-07-11 15:11:09