Re: Weird error

From: Philip Molter <philip(at)datafoundry(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>, Alex Knight <knight(at)phunc(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird error
Date: 2001-06-27 16:29:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:30:54AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
: Philip Molter <philip(at)datafoundry(dot)net> writes:
: > I am using 7.1.2.
:
: Don't suppose you want to dig in there with a debugger when it happens?
: You must be seeing some hard-to-replicate problem in VACUUM's
: tuple-chain-moving logic. That stuff is pretty hairy, and I doubt
: anyone will be able to intuit what's wrong without close examination
: of a failure case.

Well, considering that we're pushing this into production and the
server was installed from Rawhide RPMs, no, not really. :) Reproducing
the RedHat install locations for this stuff is a pain in the ass.
However, considering that it's not consistent and not continuous, I can
work around it. In the meantime, I'll try to get some detailed logging
so that perhaps I can get a good look at what goes on during a failure
case.

* Philip Molter
* DataFoundry.net
* http://www.datafoundry.net/