Problems with initdb

From: Mario Valldosera <Mario(dot)Valldosera(at)ascom(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with initdb
Date: 2001-06-06 18:11:07
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi all,

I have already downloaded and installed a cygwin version which included
postgresql-7.1.2

I run the command 'initdb' with my cluster path. It seems to work, but the
command never ends!
Nevertheless it creates part of the directory structure, but not all. Postmaster
command complains that directory 'my_path/global/pg_control' is missing.

I have run initdb with the debugging option and the last message I get is:
'running: postgres -boot -x1 -C -F -D /my_path -d template1'

I didn't change anything in the cygwing installation. Should I configure
something? Maybe has something to do with users?

Any idea will greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Mario Valldosera

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Russell BlackDate: 2001-06-06 19:07:51