From: Mohamed ebrahim <mohdebrahim(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: jconway2(at)home(dot)com, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help
Date: 2001-03-26 07:36:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

  Thanks for your valuable information. I tried the
cron. i typed
   cron -e
and entereed into the input area. but i don't know how
to save the cron file. I pressed ctrl+z and came out
from cron. but i edit the cron file i found nothing on
it.(i.e using pico filename.) Please tell me some
description how to save the file in cron and to achive
this. I will be thankful to you.

>     I am a user postgresql. I want to update a table
> automatically when we reach monthend. i.e i want to
> update some table on 31 of every month automatically
> without any user attention. I want to know how to do
> this. If anyone knows how to do this please mail me.
> will be ever thankfull to him.

>Joe wrote:
>Probably the easiest way to do this is to write a
>script and run it
>cron. For example, if your update query is in a file
>    insert into mymonthendtable(f1, f2, f3)
>your script (call it $HOME/bin/ might
>look like:
>    #!/bin/sh
>    psql -U postgres mydatabasename <
>then run (see "man 5 crontab" for more on cron)
>    crontab -e
>and add an entry like
>    # run at 2:15 AM on the 30th of every month
>    15 2 30 * *     $HOME/bin/
>Hope this helps,

Do You Yahoo!?