Re: Revamped PL/pgSQL Documentation

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Revamped PL/pgSQL Documentation
Date: 2001-03-16 19:52:33
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 06:31:38PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I need a patch against the version you worked off, otherwise we overwrite
> the changes that have been made by others meanwhile.  Given the size of
> the document I can't easily make this out myself.

	I just did this. Noticed last night, after I had sent the e-mail
already.
	Before sending you the tarball I have a question (and this was asked
me by a reader as well):

	The declarations syntax is listed as follows:

name [ CONSTANT ] type [ NOT NULL ] [ DEFAULT | := value ];

The part that confuses me is the end.  I assume that if you specify
DEFAULT you must specify a value.  Am I right in understanding that
notation as meaning:

name [ CONSTANT ] type [ NOT NULL ] [ DEFAULT value | := value ];

or perhaps it could be written like this:

name [ CONSTANT ] type [ NOT NULL ] [ { DEFAULT | := } value ];

> Could you also please reformat the source with one space indents (no
> tabs)?

	For _every_ line? Or you mean the <programlisting> sections? I am
using Emacs and PSGML so it indents it for me. I don't know how I could
change that or exactly what do you want me to change.
	When I do a <TAB> in Emacs, it indents one space after the previous
element. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

	Oh, another question: from the file I have (plsql.sglm)), how do I
generate HTML output? I can do it with Jade for <article>s, but can't
seemto find the jade switches for chapters.

> Very nice job, however.

	Thanks :)

	-Roberto

--