PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO
Date: 2001-02-25 17:33:15
Lists: pgsql-docs
	Hi,

	Here's the HOWTO I wrote. This is what it has:

	- The basics of how to port from Oracle to PostgreSQL
	- Several examples of functions in many degrees of complexity
	- Several tips for working with PL/pgSQL including a table of number
	  of quotes needed to accomplish this or that (many get confused with
	  escaping quotes)
	- Code for three instr functions that behave exactly like Oracle's

	I am not a DocBook expert, so I apologize if I made mistakes somewhere
or if I did not add some tags that could have made your life easier. I
really strived to make a quality document.
	The document, with exception of parts quoted from other sources
(including the PostgreSQL documentation), is licensed under the GNU Free
Documentation License, and I would be glad it is of any help.

	If you have any other documentation that you'd like help with, please
let me know.

	Sincerely,

	-Roberto Mello

--
Computer Science			Utah State University
Space Dynamics Laboratory		Web Developer

pgsql-docs by date