Re: An strftime function, and function name question

From: Christopher Masto <chris(at)netmonger(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: An strftime function, and function name question
Date: 2001-02-12 16:04:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 10:38:26AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Christopher Masto <chris(at)netmonger(dot)net> writes:
> > It would be nice if there were something like:
>
> > CREATE FUNCTION strftime(int4, varchar) RETURNS varchar AS
> > '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/strftime.so' LANGUAGE 'c'
> > USING C FUNCTION 'c_strftime';
>
> > I.e. some way to say "here's the name of the function in the library".
>
> See the CREATE FUNCTION reference page,
> http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/sql-createfunction.htm
> concerning link symbols that are different from the SQL name of the
> function.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for.. I don't know
how I missed it. I must have been reading the wrong manual.
--
Christopher Masto Senior Network Monkey NetMonger Communications
chris(at)netmonger(dot)net info(at)netmonger(dot)net http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/