Re: Possible memory leak in Postgres V7.0.2/ecpg 2.7.1

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow(at)lothlorien(dot)nfbcal(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible memory leak in Postgres V7.0.2/ecpg 2.7.1
Date: 2000-12-19 16:31:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:21:47AM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> V7.0.2, using ecpg V2.7.1, included with the package. I find that running
> a batch client I wrote leaks memory to the extent that the client bombs out
> a quarter of the way through its job. Thinking it was my code, I traced
> not particularly familiar with the innards of the ecpg code, I thought I
> would ask if anyone has seen this sort of problem before. My sql code is

I'm not sure. I've got some reports that I couldn't reproduce though.

> not particularly complicated, but I am using cursors, and it seems that
> these allocations happen just before "declare cursor" is executed. Can

Before it is executed or before the exec sql declare statement?

> anyone help shed light on what might be going on, and how I might fix it?
> I can provide traces if that would help, as well as any debugging
> statements, if someone can tell me how to turn them on.

Just look into the test examples in the source code if you have them. Or
else I can send them to you. But the log won't help you much I guess.

Are you able to try ecpg 2.8.0 and libecpg 3.2.0? I can send you the source
if you like.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes