Compiling C Functions

From: <tulio(at)pcfacil(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling C Functions
Date: 2000-12-12 22:41:40
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi, ALL

This is my first time in this list... Sorry by any inconvenience....

I need a TRIGGER thats runs whith POSTGRES permissions. Ill give an ODBC
connection for programmers that dont need to know the "rules" of my Data
Base.

So, Ill creata an "fake" table, and with a BEFORE INSERT TRIGGER Ill make
all consistences, and update the REAL tables.

The ODBC users have only INSERT permission on the fake table, and NO RIGHTS
on the real table.

Ill make VIEWS whith SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE permissions for the ODBC
users.

By the same way, Ill make TRIGGERS that manager the VIEWS.

-----------

ALMOST ALL THIS WORK FINE when the function of the trigger is in PLPGSQL, but
in this language, the Trigger run with the same ODBD users rights ....

I read that only a "C" function runs with POSTGRES permissions, but all the
samples I get dont work... I cant even compile them...

Please, anyone could help an "poor brazilian guy" to make this work :-) ?

I appreciate any "C" Function complete samples, including de command line for
the compiler.

I using a RedHat Linux 6.2 and  Postgresql 7.0.2-2

Best Regards,

Tulio Oliveira.

pgsql-docs by date