Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin 1.1.x

From: Yutaka tanida <yutaka(at)hi-net(dot)zaq(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "'pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin 1.1.x
Date: 2000-10-04 10:35:26
Lists: pgsql-ports

> thanks to all for their work with pgsql on Cygwin 1.1.4. I think we can drop
> the support for Cygwin B20 - it is partly done in the last patches ;-) It
> will enable to support AF_UNIX sockets for local communication (so there
> will be no need to run "psql -h localhost") and also to use simplier method
> of creating shared libraries - it is possible to use -shared option in gcc.
> And it will be possible to create both shared and static libraries.
>
> Will be there any problems with supporting only Cygwin 1.1.x?

I think pgsql on Cygwin 1.1.x has much problem. For example,

* prepare pgbench in contrib/pgbench.
* run pgbench with 30 client access(-c 30)
* pgbench halt(due to pgbench's probrem?) ,so kill it.
* postmaster hung up in ServerLoop().No more connection was established.

I think we should not drop the support of B20 ,if pgsql on Cygwin 1.1
has less stablity than B20.

--
Yutaka tanida <yutaka(at)hi-net(dot)zaq(dot)ne(dot)jp>