Re: [HACKERS] when does CREATE VIEW not create a view?

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] when does CREATE VIEW not create a view?
Date: 2000-08-22 21:05:19
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
See my other reply about what gets added: the problem is the rewrite
rule name, as you guessed.

Here's a patch that silently truncates the generated rule name. Unlike
tablename or generated sequence name truncation, there's no need in
normal operation for the DBA to know the name of this rule, so I didn't
put in a NOTICE about the truncation.

I found every accurance of _RET in the source that refered to a view rule,
and patched them to do the right thing.

Ross

--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer