order by

From: Adrian Perez Camarena <adrianp(at)ife(dot)org(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: order by
Date: 2000-02-29 18:56:22
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello friends
I have the next problem :
I need to order by name a table that contains name and other
fields of users.
I'm in Mexico city and the user's name looks like these:

Select name from prueba_insaculacion order by name;

name
--------------
BELTRAN
DIAZ
HAVEZ
LLUNAS
LOPEZ
NAES
NUEZ
PEREZ
PEA
YAES
RSATE
AURIBIA
NAMUNO

as you can see the order by name is wrong,
mi question is the next:

is there a file of postgres that I can change to tell postgres
that the language that I need to order by name correctly is
spanish? (or something like that)

thanks for your help...

Adrian Perez
IFE

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Steve WolfeDate: 2000-02-29 19:20:09