Just to warn people that I'm making a comprehensive proof reading of
the release notes.
Here are the first comments:
- "This was available previously via a configure
--enable-integer-datetimes (Neil Conway)" -> I don't think we need
Neil's name in the details
- "New semi- and ansi-joins (Tom)" -> s/ansi/anti/
- "While semi-joins merely replace existing IN joins, anti-joins are a
new capability for NOT IN and NOT EXIST clauses (Tom) This improves
optimization possibilities." -> remove the "(Tom)", s/EXIST/EXISTS/
- "IN and EXISTs now provide similar performance for equivalent
clauses. " -> s/EXISTs/EXISTS/
- "A new constraint_exclusion setting, "partition", which matches this
behavior." -> this sentence is weird
- "Move that server statistics file into the subdirectory pg_stat_tmp"
-> s/that/the/ ? I think this item can be grouped with the following
one "Allow the location of the new pg_stat_tmp to be configured via
the stats_temp_directory setting"
I'll post the other part in a few hours.
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: ITAGAKI Takahiro||Date: 2009-03-26 09:21:41|
|Subject: Re: display previous query string of idle-in-transaction|
|Previous:||From: Peter Eisentraut||Date: 2009-03-26 08:21:14|
|Subject: Re: SSL over Unix-domain sockets|