Re: best practices for dumping databases

From: "Mag Gam" <magawake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: best practices for dumping databases
Date: 2008-04-07 00:49:35
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am not able to reproduce this error now..strange!

I am running 8.3.0, and basically the error I was getting was "\m ignoring"
when I tried to do a restore. I was using the redirect " psql foo < db.dump"
and the "\i db.dump" method for the restore.
I will be vigilant and try to attempt this again if I find anything I will
report it ASAP.

But, what is the correct practice to do db_dumps? pg_dump db should suffice?

Thanks