RE: bytea not recognized by JDBC (7.0.2)

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'ojeannet(at)slb(dot)com'" <ojeannet(at)slb(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: bytea not recognized by JDBC (7.0.2)
Date: 2000-11-29 09:16:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Officer, Maidstone Borough Council
Email: petermount(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk
WWW: http://www.maidstone.gov.uk
All views expressed within this email are not the views of Maidstone Borough
Council

[snip]

> How can I select a "bytea" field ?

getBytes() should work.

> Is this a bug of the JDBC driver (or a not implemented feature) ?

No not quite. getObject() currently doesn't know about bytea, so it's
passing it on to the Serializable code which is then failing.

> I have looked at the mailing-list but didn't find the answer to my
> problem.

Actually I cant remember anyone asking about bytea, which is why it's got
overlooked.

Peter