libpq++ - How to use FieldType() ?

From: 510092984843-0001(at)t-online(dot)de (RA Graffenberger)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq++ - How to use FieldType() ?
Date: 2003-09-20 08:06:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am writing  a graphical interface for a simple postgresql database.
Connection to the database is done with libpq++. Retrieving data from
database works fine, but when writing new or changed data back to the
database sometimes I need a possibility to get information about the datatype
of some attribute. For example I have to decide between writing a
'1234'-string or a 1234-numeric to a specific field in the database.

I understood there is a method "oid FieldType()". But I do not understand how
to use it. Is there somewhere more documentation on the net? As I am not a
professional in programming it would be most helpful for me to read some
example code.

Any help is appreciated.

Martin Graffenberger
ragraffenberger(at)gmx(dot)de

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Mayank GoyalDate: 2003-09-20 13:58:22