PostgreSQL status report

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-announce <announce(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL status report
Date: 1999-07-17 17:06:15
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Version 6.5 has been a very stable release. The developers were
twiddling their thumbs waiting serious bug reports that never occurred.
We had a few bugs, but they were mostly rare with easy workarounds.

We are packaging version 6.5.1 to be released next week. Announcements
of the release will be made in the usual places. We believe this will
be the final 6.5.* release. Then, we will start on the next major
version, to be released in 3-5 months.

Our web site has been overhauled in the past few weeks. I am sure you
will like the new layout. The FAQ and TODO list have been overhauled
too. The new versions appear on our web site. In fact, the TODO list
is more of a bugs/missing_features/TODO list.

An article on the history of PostgreSQL development was written. You
can view it on our web site, from the main home page(www.postgresql.org)
or on our FAQ & Documenation page. It also appears in the July issue of
Daemon News(www.daemonnews.org).