Port Bug Report: initdb, postmaster, db_id looking for file: libcurses.so.4

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: initdb, postmaster, db_id looking for file: libcurses.so.4
Date: 1999-05-27 18:39:32
Lists: pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Frank Pfeiffer
Your email address      : pfeiffer(dot)fj(at)dreyfus(dot)com

Category                : install: other
Severity                : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Solaris 7 SPARC

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : n/a

Hardware:
---------
Sun Sparc-10
178MB Memory

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
n/a

Problem Description:
--------------------
Downloaded the sparc binaries from FTP site. Using the README
file, on executing the initdb command, message: libcurses.so.4
file or directory not found. I scanned my system, the only
file available was: libcurses.so.1. Should I create a symbolic
link to this as libcurses.so.4? If not, how can I run postgresql?
I have no compiler on this system, nor the disk space to compile
it. Thank you.

Test Case:
use initdb command from installed binary on your FTP site for Solaris.7.Sparc

Solution:
---------

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Unprivileged userDate: 1999-05-27 18:57:07