Port Bug Report: fails to compile pgenv.cc

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: fails to compile pgenv.cc
Date: 1999-01-26 21:21:46
Lists: pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name		: William Wilson
Your email address	: bwilso23(at)csc(dot)com

Category		: install: compile
Severity		: serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : IRIX 6.5

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

  Compiler used      : Mipspro cc

Hardware:
---------

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake

Problem Description:
--------------------
When trying to compile using "gmake all" the script goes through all
directories prior to the "interfaces" directory fine, then hangs
in the interfaces/libpq++ directory.

It begins complaining about the identifier "string" not being
defined in pgenv.h, beginning on line 48.  This continues all the
way through pgenv.cc.  I have looked in every include file
I know to find any definition of "string" to no avail.  (Using grep)

Test Case:
It repeats every time I try to compile.  Had the same error with the
previous version (6.4) and didn't have time to figure it out.  Now that
I have tried, I've wasted a day.

Solution:
---------

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Unprivileged userDate: 1999-01-27 02:51:15