Port Bug Report: cache lookup failure

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: cache lookup failure
Date: 1998-12-28 16:09:04
Lists: pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name		: Brian Bradley
Your email address	: bwb(at)netwolves(dot)com

Category		: runtime: back-end: SQL
Severity		: non-critical

System Configuration
  Operating System   : FreeBSD-i386

  PostgreSQL version : 6.4

  Compiler used      : gcc version

pentium/16MB i386

Versions of other tools:
flex version 2.5.4, GNU Make version 3.75,

Problem Description:
Situation :
whenever I try to update or delete a row int the users table I get the error message
info fmgr : cache lookup failure.
update users set username = 'new' where username = 'old';
delete from users where username = 'old';
I can do selects with no problems at all.
create table users(username varchar(20) primary key,
                   last_name varchar(50),
                   first_name varchar(50),
                   password varchar(20),
                   email_on int4,
                   fs_on int4,
                   web_access_on int4,
                   comments text,
                   email_alias varchar(50),
                   email_forward varchar(50),
                   qouta int4,
                   date_created datetime);
create table user_groups(username varchar(20),
                         group_name varchar(20));
CREATE TRIGGER users_for_key
        FOR EACH ROW
        EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_foreign_key(1, 'cascade', 'username', 'user_groups', 'username');
CREATE TRIGGER users_user_groups_pri_key
        BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON user_groups
        FOR EACH ROW
        EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_primary_key('username', 'users', 'username');
I am using the supplied stored procedure module.
After I rebuild the whole database this problem seems to disappear, but, will eventually reappear after a few hours. I will then have to rebuild again.
Rebuilding the database is not an acceptable work around nor fix.
Could someone please lead me in the right direction ?

Test Case:
Problem seems to happen at random, and when two or more users are accessing the table. problem will continue until table is rebuilt.

pgsql-ports by date