Re: [HACKERS] HPUX 10.01 build issues and solutions.

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: mschout(at)gkg(dot)net, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] HPUX 10.01 build issues and solutions.
Date: 1998-10-30 22:08:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> mschout(at)gkg(dot)net writes:
> > hpux 10.01 does not define SA_RESTART at all (10.20 does, but 10.01
> > does not).
>
> Hmm. I wonder if we'd be better off to treat 10.01 as being like HPUX 9?
> I think the choice between posix and non-posix signals is the main
> difference that we care about...
>
> > Secondly, lex on hpux 10.01 has problems as well.
>
> A lot of systems have inadequate lexes installed. There is supposed to
> be a test early in the install to see if your lex is up to snuff (and if
> not it'll tell you to get flex). Either that's not working, or ecpg is
> exercising some new stuff that the test doesn't check for. I don't know
> enough about lex to try to improve the test --- anyone care to work on
> that?

It just checks for buggy flex 2.5.3, that almost everyone had in early
6.* releases. Not sure how many people still have that version, but I
am sure we will require the test for several more years.

The big problem was that the bug only showed errors once you started to
use PostgreSQL, and the errors were very unclear.