Re: [INTERFACES] Need: ODBC docs for Unix Dummies...

From: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Need: ODBC docs for Unix Dummies...
Date: 1998-04-22 13:49:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Quoting The Hermit Hacker (scrappy(at)hub(dot)org):
> 	Got the ODBC driver loaded (ya, even *I* can do that!), and went
> to 'Start->Settings->Control Panel->32Bit ODBC'...now what?  Do I want to
> setup a User DSN? System DSN? File DSN?

	System DSN is most likely what you want.  Then when it asks for
type select PostgreSQL... This should bring up a dialog that asks for the
server and port and all that fun stuff.

> 	Is there anything I can read on this, like an FAQ?  I went
> searching for one and couldn't find one that made any sense :(
>
> 	Patrice...ya want questions, here's questions :)

	Not sure if there is really an FAQ...  I honestly don't recall
where I learned this stuff.

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]