Re: [HACKERS] ODBC drivers bundled with postgres

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: teunis(at)mauve(dot)computersupportcentre(dot)com (teunis)
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ODBC drivers bundled with postgres
Date: 1998-03-28 01:57:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> These drivers are -very- corrupt in the image I downloaded... It looks
> like someone ran a source reformatting program on it and completely
> spammed it.
>
> As an example, all "//" comments that contained a "," were split into two
> lines. All "//" comments containing the word "do" also got split.
>
> I could post patches - but I'd rather the maintainers for the package
> handle it... I'm too likely to just reformat the entire beast.
> [incidentally I finally got it to compile after 4+ hours of
> manual patching]

That was me. All *.c, *.h files are formatted via src/tools/pgindent.
See the FAQ_DEV for more info. // are not valid C comments, as much as
Windoze C programmers would like to think, and pgindent does not know
how to handle them.

C++ source is not reformatted. I was not aware pgindent actually was a
problem for PostODBC. We can re-load the old sources and prevent
pgindent from doing this in the future.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026