Re: [HACKERS] mega-patch--tcl/tk configuration

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] mega-patch--tcl/tk configuration
Date: 1998-03-23 17:06:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > But removing the other directories and requiring either a special
> > > installation or response to a prompt seems to go against the nature
> > > (and usefulness) of the configure system.
> >
> > It seems tcl/tk uses directory names with version numbers, and I have
> > no intention of searching for every version they have ever released.
>
> Why not? Or, rather, why not just do the ones that get reported
> to us? It does hurt to, and I think it hurts more not too...

If someone wants to play with that, go ahead. I see no reason the
installation person, if they want tcl/tk, should type in those directory
names. However, if the actual library and include files have version
numbers in them, well, that is a pain. Do they edit their source and
makefiles every time they upgrade versions?

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026