Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?

From: Ronald Baljeu <rjb(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?
Date: 1998-02-20 15:03:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have been working with many of you for over a hear, and would like to
> know more details about you.

Ok,

I haven't contributed to Postgres much, but here goes.

I'm 26, live with my mom and little brother in the Netherlands.
And ehm... I'm still single <grmph!>.

About 12 years ago I started programming on a TRS-80, after that
I bought me a MSX (the M from Micros*ft, little did I know...).
Then, in 1989, I did informatics and got familiar with Unix
and Internet. The next thing I did, was installing a Unix-clone
(MiNT OS + GNU software) on my Atari-ST, which I had then. I graduated
in 1995 and started working at the university hospital in Rotterdam.

After 1-2 years I managed to convince the people at my department to
go completely freeware. We run an archiving system for patient studies
(images from gamma camera's), which is built on a Linux PC that runs
Postgres. PHP/FI is used to access Postgres' data from a
WWW-browser. Apache is used as WWW-server. The browser is usually
Netscape. We also experiment with Java, using JDK from Sun and Peter Mount's
JDBC driver. Using a callback facility doctors can view images at home,
in case of an emergency/urgent call. I wrote the PHP/FI-scripts, the Java
program's and the C-program's to access the database, to update it
automatically, to convert proprierty format images to, for example, GIF,
to adjust the colors, contrast etc...

Other hobby's I have, besides computers, are electronics, making music
with MIDI, riding a bicycle, but best of all: just doing nothing (besides
listening to music) on a sunny day... It's just that I haven't much spare
time left to do so. And of course you need to have good weather...

Cheers,
Ronald