Re: Time Zone in Postgres

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vishal Arora <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: Shilpa <shilpa(dot)sudhakar(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time Zone in Postgres
Date: 2008-03-06 18:23:52
Lists: pgsql-admin
Vishal Arora <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> Hi, I've been working on a timezone issue. I am in Adelaide Australia
> and the daylight savings time this year has been changed. I am trying
> to figure out the file which is required to be changed.

The easiest and best solution would be to update to a newer PG release
than 8.0.9 --- installing 8.0.15 over it would be painless and would fix
a number of problems besides this one, including some rather nasty
data-loss risks.

If you really can't be bothered with that, you can probably use your
operating system's copy of the timezone data files (try under
/usr/share/zoneinfo for starters).