Re: problem installing 8.0.0beta5 on OS X 10.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Will Arp <warp(at)reboot(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem installing 8.0.0beta5 on OS X 10.3
Date: 2004-11-26 21:19:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Will Arp <warp(at)reboot(dot)ch> writes:
> removing my custom csh.cshrc file did the trick,
> probably color syntax code I've found here:
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031027145026892
> Thank you!
> Here is my csh.cshrc file, maybe you can spot the culprit,
> and point me to some doc so I can understand.

This is what burnt you:

> setenv CLICOLOR_FORCE 1

That's an incredibly dangerous setting; whoever suggested making it
a system-wide default is an idiot. See "man ls":

CLICOLOR_FORCE Color sequences are normally disabled if the output isn't
directed to a terminal. This can be overridden by set-
ting this flag. The TERM variable still needs to refer-
ence a color capable terminal however otherwise it is not
possible to determine which color sequences to use.