Re: DST question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Wright, George" <George(dot)Wright(at)infimatic(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DST question
Date: 2007-10-01 18:09:47
Lists: pgsql-novice
"Wright, George" <George(dot)Wright(at)infimatic(dot)com> writes:
> I am trying to get Daylight Savings Time working for the EAST Brazilian
> time zone. In Brazil for 2007, the DST change occurs on Oct. 13-14.

You need a newer version of the zic timezone database.  Way newer --- it
looks to me like the first version of the zic files that knows the above
rules is 2007h, which was released today.  You'd need to grab, feed it through zic,
and put the files into place in the Postgres installation tree.

Suggestion: lobby your politicians to set DST transition dates more than
just a month in advance.  Or even (heaven forbid) have a law that stays
the same for years at a time.  Don't they realize that people have
better things to do than scramble to update their equipment at the last