Re: This approach to non-ASCII names does not work

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: This approach to non-ASCII names does not work
Date: 2006-09-20 20:29:48
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Yes, I use them where possible. I use:
> http://www.mountaindragon.com/html/iso.htm

... which says right on it that it considers only ISO 8859/1 and is not
a complete list even of that set.

I assume that somewhere there is a Web-related spec of the widely
recognized entity names, but I see no reason to suppose that this list
is it. Something at w3c, say, would have a tad more credibility.