Re: Not valid dump [8.2.9, 8.3.1]

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Patrizia Grasso - Eutelsat <pgrasso(at)mbigroup(dot)it>
Subject: Re: Not valid dump [8.2.9, 8.3.1]
Date: 2008-06-20 14:37:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> we have faced lately dumps not valid, the bug can be replicated using a 8.2.9 or
> a 8.3.1 server.

> These are the steps to create the database that will generate a not valid dump:

This is a bug in your function: it will not work if the search path
doesn't contain the public schema.  You'd be best advised to make it
qualify the reference to t_public explicitly.

In 8.3 another possibility would be to attach an explicit search_path
setting to the function.

(Of course you realize that referencing any table at all in an
"immutable" function is probably a mortal sin...)