Re: BUG #1953: trigger action on delete

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, incheol yang <zoar(at)paran(dot)com>,pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1953: trigger action on delete
Date: 2005-10-13 03:20:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
>> It isn't so much the alphabetical order, since there is only one
>> trigger, but the concept that we now group all the _before_ triggers
>> before the _after_ triggers.

> But we've always done that.  Has the example ever been correct?
> I was intending to try it on older versions, but I don't actually
> think it's ever acted like the docs said.

After digging in the CVS archives, I find that it did work like that
up till this 7.0 patch:

	This is part #1 for of the DEFERRED CONSTRAINT TRIGGER support.
	Implements the CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER and SET CONSTRAINTS
	commands.

So the example was probably correct when put in, but no one's noticed it
was wrong since 7.0 :-(