Re: pgsql-server/ ontrib/tablefunc/tablefunc.c rc/ ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/ ontrib/tablefunc/tablefunc.c rc/ ...
Date: 2003-03-09 02:56:22
Lists: pgsql-committers
> So if I understand this correctly, tuplestore_donestoring() is not used
> anymore (and doen't even exist)? Anything else changed in tuplestore
> behavior? I have to update PL/R also for this.

Yeah, I got rid of it.  I was considering leaving it present as a no-op
routine, but felt there weren't enough users to justify any backwards-
compatibility concern.  But I'm open to argument if you think different.

The principal change in behavior is that you can start fetching tuples
from the tuplestore before you've stored 'em all; there are separate
read and write pointers.  Dunno if this is of any value to you, but
it's there if you can find a use.