proposal - structured funcid and lineno as new fields in error message

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: proposal - structured funcid and lineno as new fields in error message
Date: 2010-03-29 08:51:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello

can we add well structured information about function id and lineno to
ErrorData?

Actually we sending some info - but formated as string and only when
Log_error_verbosity >= PGERROR_VERBOSE.

I hope, so this feature can help to some interactive GUI managers as
pgAdmin, and to psql too.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

Next:From: Tharakan, George (GE Healthcare)Date: 2010-03-29 08:56:32