Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup
Date: 2008-04-20 00:14:51
Lists: pgsql-patches

Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at> writes:
>> That looks suspiciously locale-ish; what locale are you running PG in?

> hu_HU.UTF-8

Ah, and I'll bet zs sorts after zy in hu_HU.

The query is already doing an ORDER BY, so it's not at fault. I think
the only thing we could do about this is add a variant expected file
with the hu_HU sort ordering. I'd be happy to do that if it were
affecting the main regression tests, but not sure it's worth it for
contrib/tsearch2 ... thoughts?