Re: Compilation errors

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compilation errors
Date: 2007-03-02 05:29:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> However, I'm not sure whether 2.5.4 will choke on unrecognized %option
>> commands --- if it has to be conditional on version it'll be a PITA.

> %option noyyget_in
> causes flex 2.5.4a to barf:

On closer investigation, flex does contain prototypes for these
functions, but it neglects to emit them! AFAICS this is simply a flex
bug, and one already reported. I added a comment here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1628314&group_id=97492&atid=618177

My advice is now that we do nothing, just wait for the flex folk to fix it.