Re: libpq++

From: Justin Banks <justinb(at)mr-boo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: justinb(at)tricord(dot)com, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq++
Date: 2001-04-30 12:53:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

  Bruce> I am not so much the libpq++ maintainer as the one who applies
  Bruce> people's patches.  There is an interfaces list that would love to
  Bruce> hear about your work.  I am CC'ing them on this.  We certainly need
  Bruce> libpq++ improvements.  If you would prefer not to deal with the
  Bruce> interfaces list, send something to me and I will send it over there.

As one would have expected, I've found a problem. The c++ std. says that
Automatic objects are not destroyed as a result of calling exit(), and so, a
automatic PgDatabase in main() (or most anywhere, actually), would not have
it's destructor called during an exit(), thereby leaving junk shm. segments
around. I'm not sure that an atexit can be called on a member function with no
argument, so I'll do some experimenting with macros and temporary block
insertion. Better ideas welcome ;)

-justinb

--
Justin Banks @ home
'We have no intention of shipping another bloated operating system and