Re: Double newline bug with DBD::Pg: Where best to fix?

From: Dan Lyke <danlyke(at)flutterby(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Double newline bug with DBD::Pg: Where best to fix?
Date: 2001-02-27 20:39:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane writes:
> On closer look, there is no leading-space issue.  Psql is formatting the
> column with a leading space as it usually does, and the newline-space
> in the string is just being echoed.  Compare:

Yep, you're completely right.

And in fact a little more testing (and pulling my head out of my butt)
indicates that there's no problem at all with DBD::Pg, it's all with
psql and the fact that I was using $dbh->quote to write a script which
got piped into psql.

Dang it, that's twice I've made a stupid foul-up on my end with
potential PostgreSQL bugs.

Anyway, we've at least established that there's a bug in psql. I can
patch my one script to work around it, if I get into the psql source
I'll try to drop a fix on y'all, although given my recent attention to
detail that might not be a good idea...

Dan