Re: Simply join in PostrgeSQL takes too long

From: Vitaly Belman <vitalib(at)012(dot)net(dot)il>
To: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>
Cc: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>,Postgresql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simply join in PostrgeSQL takes too long
Date: 2004-04-29 21:09:36
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hello Manfred,

I thank everyone for helping me on this - So many tips.

I am in the middle of going through them all, till now disabling the
enable_mergejoin really helped.

Also, I agree that the design might be flawed (I could use triggers
and stuff like that) but for now I am just comparing how my project
will run on PostgreSQL (Considering migration from MySQL).

I'll be reporting back on how the other stuff helped.

Regards,
 Vitaly Belman

 ICQ: 1912453
 AIM: VitalyB1984