Re: strange buildfarm failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange buildfarm failures
Date: 2007-05-02 15:05:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I'm wondering if there is some code path that invokes a PG_TRY deep in
>>> the bowels of the system.

> Huh, hang on ... there is one caller, which is to set client_encoding
> (call_string_assign_hook uses a PG_TRY block), but it is called *after*
> the sigsetjmp block -- in InitPostgres.

While testing the PG_RE_THROW problem I noted that what I get here is
a SIGSEGV crash, rather than SIGABRT as seen on Stefan's machines, so
that's another hint that this may be unrelated. Still, it's clearly
at risk of causing a problem as more PG_TRY's get added to the code,
so I'm going to fix it anyway.