Re: Moving core timestamp typedefs/macros somewhere else

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Moving core timestamp typedefs/macros somewhere else
Date: 2011-09-09 17:30:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I propose moving the Timestamp/Interval typedefs, as well as some basic
> associated macros such as the ones mentioned above (basically, lines
> 25-100 of utils/timestamp.h, plus the DT_NOBEGIN/DT_NOEND stuff, plus
> the Julian-date macros in datetime.h), into a separate header file that
> contains no backend-only declarations (eg, not fmgr.h stuff; right
> offhand I don't think it would depend on anything except c.h).

I've committed this patch, but there was one aspect that remains
unfinished.  I had hoped to remove the duplicative parts of ecpg's dt.h
header in favor of including datatype/timestamp.h, along the lines of
the attached patch.  However, while ecpg itself compiles with that
change, its test programs do not; apparently they include
pgtypes_timestamp.h without previously including anything that defines
typedef int32.  I'm unsure if there's a reasonable way to work around
that --- any thoughts?