Re: Wrong advisory locks docs in pg_locks

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong advisory locks docs in pg_locks
Date: 2011-11-26 17:17:27
Lists: pgsql-docs
Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> documentation about advisory locks in the pg_locks view
> <http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/view-pg-locks.html>
> is incorrect/incomplete: the space specifier field is objsubid, not
> objid, and there is no information about how the key is stored.

Actually, there is a paragraph further down that correctly explains what
advisory locks look like.  I think the best fix is to remove the
incorrect annotation on objid and leave it at that; shoehorning
additional sentences into table columns that are meant to contain
short phrases is not an improvement.