Re: [HACKERS] SSL patch updated & pl/perl slated for 6.4

From: Brett McCormick <brett(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] SSL patch updated & pl/perl slated for 6.4
Date: 1998-08-22 08:58:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers
It has a few semi-serious bugs.  One is that it can't initdb (xpg_user
no such file or directory) and another is that copy from doesn't seem
to work all the time for more than a few lines.  I haven't been able
to track down the xpg_user.  I could modify the patch to use
--with-ssl in configure -- i've also updated the patch so that the
unix socket doesn't use SSL and added support for an SSL port and a
non-SSL port.

I'd like to work on certificate verification, but i'm not sure exactly
how that might work yet.