Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too
Date: 2007-01-22 20:52:22
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> OK, maybe /doc or src/tools. A more radical approach would be to put
>> the list in our documentation, or have initdb install it.

> Why not put it in techdocs or some such?

I think we've learned by now that putting copies of other peoples' code
in our tree isn't such a hot idea; what is going to cause it to be
updated when things change? How do you know the values are even the
same across all the Windows versions we support?

Basically this whole idea is misconceived. Just print the number and
have done.