Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor
Date: 2012-08-07 19:36:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 08:44 -0300, Vinicius Santos wrote:
> > Seems good to me. We are talking about the query tool, right?
>

> Right.
>

> > Be careful
> > that users may have many query tool windows open at the same time.
> >

> Actually I thought of something simple.
>
> One file per window, when the window is closed, the pgAdmin will delete it.
>
> We avoid the loss of query, when the pgadmin crashes or because of a power
> outage.
>
> So, when the user open the window, the pgAdmin will ask to the user if he
> wants reopen the file found by pgAdmin.
>
> If the user answer is NO, the pgAdmin will delete the file.

Well, this seems good but there's an issue I don't know how you want to
deal with it: what's happens if I had more than one window opened? IOW,
how do you decide which file you should open? if there is more than one
file, and some files were open on different databases, how will you
handle this?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info