Re: 8.2.23 packages?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>, pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.23 packages?
Date: 2012-04-14 10:32:30
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

On ons, 2012-04-11 at 10:14 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Could we in theory have our own buildds if we run this elsewhere? I
> know very little about buildds, so I wouldn't know. And it might be
> doable but just too much work - so please inform me :-)

I don't think having autobuilders is really a priority for this. As
long as we only support i386 and amd64, you might as well have someone
fill in the missing builds manually. Having a full autobuilder
infrastructure is likely to be more work than that.

With that in mind, I am somewhat doubtful about the integration with
backports.d.o. It sounds nice in general, but the goals and constraints
of either project are not exactly aligned, so this will lead to
permanent conflict.

I think taking the current reprepro-based architecture that Christoph
has already running is just fine (modulo some details, such as source
packages missing). We just need to give it a permanent home, so people
can start using it.